PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT – I HEREBY PLEDGE TO PROVIDE POSITIVE SUPPORT BY FOLLOWING THE ACADEMIA DE FUTEBOLTRAINING CODE OF CONDUCT
Players are the most important people in the sport. Playing for the team, and for the team to win, is the most fundamental part of the game. But not winning-at-all costs! Fair play and respect for all others in the game is fundamentally important.
ADF Players must abide by these simple rules.
- Play for the fun of the game, and not to please friends, family, or coaches.
- Attend scheduled training, practices, and games on time and appropriately equipped.
- Understand that failure to meet agreed upon expectations for practices and training can negatively influence playing time.
- Notify coaches when unable to attend training/practice sessions or games.
- Give maximum effort and strive for the best possible performance during practices and games.
- Learn teamwork, sportsmanship, and discipline.
- Demonstrate respect at all times for teammates, coaches, parents, opponents, and officials.
- Make every effort to develop ones abilities, in terms of skill, technique, tactics and stamina; and assist teammates to develop their abilities.
- Set a positive example for others, particularly young players.
- Never use inappropriate language.
- Know and abide by the Laws, rules and spirit of the game.
- Accept success and failure, victory and defeat, equally.
- Resist any temptation to take banned substances or used banned techniques.
- Treat opponents with due respect at all times, regardless of the result of the game.
- Safeguard the physical fitness of opponents, avoid violence and rough play, and help injured opponents.
- Control temper and resist both verbal and physical retaliation.
- Applaud the good play of teammates and opponents.
- Never criticize errors of teammates and be supportive when teammates make mistakes.
- Never criticize or argue with the actions of officials or coaches.
- Understand that officials and coaches actions are not to blame for the outcome of a game; it is ultimately the actions and efforts of the players which determine the final result.
- Understand that failure to follow this code will result in disciplinary actions: from decreased playing time up to and including removal from the Academia for more serious or repeated violations
Parents Code of Conduct
I HEREBY PLEDGE TO PROVIDE POSITIVE SUPPORT, CARE, AND ENCOURAGEMENT FOR MY CHILD BY FOLLOWING ACADEMIA DE FUTEBOLTRAINING CODE OF CONDUCT
- I agree to support the Academia De Futeboltraining Soccer Club and their team in requiring players to abide by the Players Code of Conduct.
- I will not use or possess alcohol, illegal drugs or weapons while attending ADF matches.
- I will not under any circumstance shout abusively at my child or any other child.
- I will not under any circumstance shout abusively or threaten any physical abuse to any coach or referee.
- I will not dispute any call made by the referee; and I understand that the Academia De Futebotraining may sanction any spectator who verbally abuses or assaults a referee.
- I will not coach my child or other children from the sideline during the game.
- I will only make positive comments to the players and it is understood that coaches and not parents shall provide instructional input during games.
- I understand that the game is for the children not for the adults.
- I understand that obscenities are strictly prohibited and that the referee shall instruct any spectator guilty of using obscenity to leave the venue.
- I understand that ADF parents are responsible for the behavior of all of their team’s guests/spectators and that they shall act in accordance with the Code of Conduct.
- I understand that a spectators are to take the side of the field opposite the teams; spectators will remain at least 3 feet behind the touchline; if, during the match, the spectators behavior is out of line then the referee will ask the coaches to speak to the spectators; if the behavior continues, it is within the discretion of the referee to ask the offending spectator(s) to leave the venue; and the referee shall abandon the match if the spectators become unruly and out of control.